Corporate Social Responsibility: The Shift Towards a Sustainable Public Benefit
Corporate Social Responsibility or Social Responsibility is a Sphere strategy designed to solve social concerns. Our shift towards a sustainable public benefit or sustainable shared value looks to see that profits are acquired from solving social concerns.
We do this by extracting maximum value from our resources and innovation and applying them to create new solutions to some of society’s greatest concerns. In doing so, it creates a more prosperous environment in which to operate, making Kayndrexsphere more sustainable and resilient.
The shift to a sustainable public benefit makes our corporate success and improved social and environmental conditions inherently linked – and when achieved together, they could dramatically enhance our future prosperity.
To be socially responsible, we have transformed our corporate model into a self-resourcing value creation model; where it is designed to solve social concerns. There are three ways by which sustainability is achieved:
- Reconceiving products, investments, and industries: creation of new products and facilities for existing or new industries which better serve societal needs.
- Redefining productivity in the value chain: accessing and applying resources, energy, suppliers, logistics, and personnel varyingly and more productively.
- Enabling local cluster development: improving the local operating environment by supporting skill-development and capacity-building.
Socially and environmentally, beneficial social responsibility can greatly improve our quality of life – advancing community health, education, employment, facility access, and participation; and assisting to conserve our wildlife and wild ecosystems.
The economic benefits afforded are also numerous, and include:
- Self-sustaining purpose and profitability
- Stronger brand equity and industriousness
- Increased investor preference and loyalty
- Higher advocacy, retention, and productivity among personnel
- Regained credibility
- Enhanced or sustained interest from like-minded investors and shareholders.
The value creation model is the corporate model that will accelerate the achievement of Sustainable Development Goals. It supports a positive effect for society, the ecosystem, finance, and all parties involved. It shows that financial, societal, and environmental benefits can be achieved simultaneously. We have accessed the effect of shifting towards a sustainable public benefit in Kayndrexsphere and discovered that while free trade can increase investments by 50 percent, the shift towards a sustainable public benefit can raise investments by more than 600 percent. Lifting the public from undesired conditions is one way that the shift to sustainable public benefit can support the achievement of The Sustainable Development Goals.